It’s been awhile since I’ve done a #fridayintroductions to share some fun facts about me, so here we go!
1. Travel is a huge part of my life. This past year with very little travel has been the worst. My highlight of 2020 was traveling to Oregon for Kayla and Jordan’s elopement.
David and I have a goal of traveling to all 50 states and we have 5 more to go!
2. My home design aesthetic is very modern and clean. I like white walls and very minimal patterns. One room in our house has color in it 😳 Wedding planning design is the complete opposite of what’s going on in this house. Bring on the colors, patterns, and unique ideas.
3. My favorite food is fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. Give me all the comfort food please!
4. I love horror movies, true crime, and serial killer documentaries. It’s very rare to find me watching a romantic comedy.
5. I adore all creatures! Any animal is cute to me snakes, possums, bats, etc. I am a true animal lover. I rescued over 57 toads this past spring that were stuck in my egress well.
6. My first concert ever was Britney Spears! I love a good 90’s and early 2000’s jam 🎶
Winter Wonderland Wedding Published by Contemporary Weddings Magazine
I had the opportunity to work with an amazingly talented group of wedding professionals in January to execute a Winter Wonderland Wedding. Today, we got the exciting news that our hard work and dedication had paid off and our wedding shoot has been published by Contemporary Weddings Magazine!
Check out some exclusive photos from our Winter Wonderland Shoot with our talented Detroit vendor team by clicking here.
Kennedy Planning Co Named Winner of the Knot Best of Weddings 2020
Megan Kennedy, owner of Kennedy Planning Company is pleased to announce that she has been selected as a 2020 winner of The Knot Best of Weddings, an accolade representing the highest- and most-rated wedding professionals as reviewed by real couples, their families and wedding guests on The Knot, a leading wedding planning brand.
In 2020, only five percent of hundreds of thousands of local wedding professionals listed on The Knot received this distinguished award. In its fourteenth annual year, The Knot continues its longstanding tradition of supporting local wedding vendors with The Knot Best of Weddings 2020, an annual by-couples, for-couples guide to the top wedding professionals across the country. To determine the winners, The Knot analyzed its millions of user reviews across various vendor categories, including venues, florists, photographers, caterers and more, to find the highest rated vendors of the year. These winners represent the best of the best wedding professionals that engaged couples should consider booking for their own unique wedding.
“I launched my company in 2016 with big dreams and a goal to be the best wedding planner in our community. Today, I am honored that my hard work and design vision have been recognized by winning this influential award by a brand that I respect in my industry.” Megan Kennedy, Owner, Kennedy Planning Co.
The Knot has inspired 25 million couples (and counting!) to plan a wedding that’s uniquely theirs. With a rich history of providing high-quality content and inspiration, The Knot makes it easy for couples to connect with and book the right wedding professionals to create their perfect wedding day. On The Knot Marketplace, couples can get connected to any of the hundreds of thousands of local wedding professionals across the country. The Knot Best of Weddings gives couples the confidence to find and book the best local vendors to bring their wedding visions to life. In combination with years of trusted content, The Knot’s innovative technology makes planning one’s wedding celebrations easier and more enjoyable.
1. My favorite part of a wedding is the moment after the bride and groom are announced as husband and wife. I love to look back at the couple as they share their excitement together!
2. My husband and I are the dream team when it comes to planning. Whether it’s heavy lifting or floral design, we got this!
3. Speaking of David, we love to travel! We have a goal of traveling to all 50 states by the time we’re 30. We have 12 more states to go!
4. I got my Bachelor’s Degree in Design. I love fashion and I think that this love helps my wedding designs too! Check out my personal Instagram @meganricica for all things fashion
5. I have a tequila certification, but I don’t drink any alcohol (yes, that includes tequila! 😂)
Thank you to Kaptured By Kassie Photography for capturing this moment of me at a wedding last year!
Cheers to 2019!
✨Hello 2019 ✨
I want to say thank you to everyone for their support and love. 2018 was a very busy year and we’re already gearing up for our 2019 wedding season. If you or someone you know is getting married and is interested in a wedding planner or day-of coordinator please send them our way!
We have special pricing for couples who book with us before February. 💖
Now Booking 2018 Weddings
It’s been an exciting wedding season over here at Kennedy Planning Company! We’ve traveled all over Michigan for some gorgeous weddings.
Our wedding planning packages for 2018 wedding season dates are booking up quickly. If you’re looking for a wedding planner or day-of coordinator please reach out. We would love to be a part of your special day!